In the Wisconsin State Senate...
- The Senate went to the floor to vote on the Governor's Special Session "Hurting Us When We Hit Hard Times" bills on February 20th. What passed that day demonstrated clearly our dire need for a change in priorities: wetlands protections reduced, impediments put up to receiving assistance for those most in need. Kathleen spoke up for people with disabilities, farmers, and others who may need to sell their homes to receive FoodShare. Kathleen's column from last week, A Wheelchair is Not a Trampoline, challenges our assumptions about the support programs that were altered.
- Kathleen met with members of the Wisconsin Farmer's Union to discuss her four broadband expansion bills. Read coverage in The Country Today.
- Speaking of broadband, Kathleen continues to push her Moving Broadband Forward plan, saying, "If we want the Wisconsin economy to thrive we have to start getting serious about Broadband. ... Real broadband is an essential service for families, for students, and for businesses. It will do far more to keep and attract young people to Wisconsin than the Governor's advertising campaign in Chicago."
One Step Moves Us Forward: This week's column on "a small step on the long road to healthcare for all."
On the Campaign Trail...
- Kathleen participated last week in a gubernatorial candidates forum at Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire, sponsored by Our Wisconsin Revolution and the Working Families Party. Candidates met with small groups of voters to discuss issues from healthcare to water quality and everything in between.
- Thanks to everyone who came out to our fun pizza party fundraiser in Whitehall, and to the volunteers who helped organize it. The room was packed, and we had a great conversation about why we're building our People First campaign and how we take Kathleen's successes in the 31st Senate District statewide.
- Organizing continues and the "Vine" continues to grow. Action teams in nearly half the counties around the state are hosting meetings to grow their base of volunteers and share Kathleen's message. Check out these photos from events in Janesville and Milwaukee last night and sign up to volunteer!
- Do you have a story of "THAT MOMENT" when you knew Kathleen had your support? Share it here!
Our campaign is growing, and we need you to be a part of it. A Marquette Poll this week shows that two thirds of Wisconsin voters don't know enough about the candidates for Governor yet: Donate, Volunteer, Share on Facebook, Tweet -- Get Involved Today and help bring Kathleen's People First message to these voters in YOUR community.