In the Wisconsin State Senate...
- We had some victories in the Senate last week. The photo ID requirement for FoodShares appears to be dead. It was not voted out of Senate Committee last week and was not included on this week’s senate calendar for action. The rest of the “Kicking Us When We Are Down” bills, however, appear ready to be passed by the Republican majorities.
- Kathleen’s amendment to keep farmers from having to sell their cows and tractors when farm prices and incomes go down to be eligible for FoodShares was adopted.
- Kathleen’s four bills to Move Broadband Forward in Wisconsin were circulated for co-sponsors this past week. Please urge your representatives to sign on and make Broadband a reality in Wisconsin.
On the Campaign Trail...
- Great supporters from Vernon, Crawford and Richland Counties turned out on Saturday morning in Viroqua to develop a plan to win votes for Kathleen in their area.
- For more details on campaign activities click here.
- The campaign is looking for “Fellows” to help our effort while also getting academic credit. Apply here.
- Kathleen and her vision of putting People First in all facets of state government continue to connect with those who meet her. Read about when Al met Kathleen!
ps. With Democrats in the minority only small victories are possible. As Governor, Kathleen could veto all the bad bills. Join or donate now to put a stop to all the bad bills next year.
Do you like this post?