She Has a Record of Success
On Health: Kathleen was one of the prime authors of Healthy Wisconsin which would have, if adopted, provided health care to all state residents. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel called the health-related bills she did pass, “the most extensive changes in a decade”, which included – two years before Obamacare – allowing young adults up to the age of 27 to be covered by their parent’s health insurance.
On Schools: As a rookie Senator she passed sparsity aid to help small struggling rural school districts. The state school administrators in giving her their legislator of the year award said, “No state legislator had a greater positive impact on Wisconsin schools than Kathleen Vinehout.”
During her three terms Kathleen has been a strong advocate of preserving the environment, protecting our water resources, promoting consumer protections, and keeping local control over decisions that affect the community.
She Has a Vision
Kathleen believes that putting people first is the surest way to building vibrant communities where people want to live, work, play, raise a family, and start a business. We put people first in these ways:
- When workers are rewarded for their contributions as partners with investors and shareholders and when the wages of workers go up as fast as CEOs’ salaries
- When those who are sick or injured don’t have to worry about paying for health care and when those who work don’t have to worry about child care
- When our air, and water and natural resources are preserved and enhanced for everyone’s use and enjoyment
- When decisions about the local community are made by the people who live there.
- When we invest in our people, in our human potential.